Sunday, March 8, 2009

Yesterday

This place is reserved for a post about yesterday. I forgot about dst. I have to go to tennis now ><
------------------

Edit: If you read all of this, you deserve like fifty cookies.

I guess the prologue to these exciting events would be Arvind and Lily's trek from Herndon to Mclean. You can read about it, complete with color pictures, right here.
So, since I am not an abuser of cameras, I do not have any pictures to show you. Nor do I have artistic talent, so I will not attempt to create images of anyone for fear of offending them (In addition, no matter how big I make the images, certain people would be too fat to fit on them). Here goes.


When we were waiting outside my interviewer's apartment, my dad asked how long it takes to bike from Herndon to Mclean. I said, "oh they left at 9." Perhaps because he's lived with me for the last 17 years, he found this extremely hilarious. He told me that they were probably sleeping until now and they had just gotten out. I am proud to say that they proved him horribly wrong.


Anyway, quick summary of my interview: the guy was so interested on selling Duke to me, he decided to tell me about roughly thirty accomplishments of Duke Engineering. Among them was the invention of Ultrasound. He then proceeded to enlighten me on how because of the lack Ultrasound, the doctors were unable to tell that his mother was having twins until she actually went into labor. To quote him quoting the doctors, they said, "Hold on. There's another one!" I'm just sitting there wondering why the hell he's telling me stories about how his mother went into labor.

Eventually he stopped talking, we got home, and (much to my dad's astonishment) Arvind and Lily were waiting outside. Apparently Arvind decided not only how to forget how to break into my house, but also which house was mine. The father of the household next to us is rumored to work for the CIA. For future reference, do not try to break into my house unless you're sure it's mine.

Eric and Kee Young arrived shortly after. Eventually, Eric managed to open his backpack using scissors. We set up and the Wii and began intense games of SSBB. We were amused to find that Lily employs the Eric strategy. This world renowned strategy is to be Kirby, fly high above the battle raging below, and turn into a rock. I died to that so many times -_-;; When Jared showed up, he challenged Arvind to pingpong. This was the start of the highest quality pingpong match known to mankind. Actually, Arvind just destroyed judging from all the balls that were flying past Jared. In the meantime, Lily was abusing her camera some more and Eric and I were playing some intense one on one brawl. At this time, people decided that doritos, sour cream and onion chips, and chex mix was in fact not a sufficient lunch. We therefore decided to order pizza, which required the use of Jared's laptop. Naturally, we did not feel compelled to put away the laptop once the pizza was ordered.

Instead, Kee Young decided to make use of the camera on Jared's computer to video chat with Jack. Jack, being the character that he is, refused to give us a tour of his dorm room but instead showed us the funions and other snacks he had in his room. Jesus christ, if I go to college and I have that much stuff in my room, I'm gaining a freshman 55 >_<

When the pizza arrived, we had nothing better to do than debate (sorry, argue) the appearances of notable starcraft figures. I insisted that day[9], or Sean Plott, was a rather attractive man. However, Lily, having no taste in guys, disagreed. Jack then decided to link us to various pictures, none of which were of Tossgirl. Having finally located a picture of her, we almost unanimously agreed that she is very ugly. I say almost because as usual, Lily had a differing opinion. I have come to the conclusion that she has taste in neither guys nor girls.

Getting out of the house was also an adventure. Kee Young seemed reluctant to leave, instead prefering to perform questionable activity with Arvind in front of the camera. Once we finally peeled them apart and Kee Young stopped pointing the webcam up my shorts, we could not figure out how to turn off Eric's iPod. This is particularly sad for Kee Young, who in fact owned the exact same thing. Upon leaving the house we made the slowest progress up my street in history. This is mostly because the people in the back failed to throw it as far as the people in the front. This totally feels like a really dumb math problem. When we finally reached the park, we captured half the soccer field and tried to play frisbee. Sadly, Arvind and Lily were not feeling quite so super, so if we had played a game we would have been forced to instigate the Dwang rule (no running, for those who didn't know). In the meantime, a brown paper bag blew across the field. Eager to stop it from blowing in the water on the other side, I stomped on it, thus permanently halting its progress. However, I have been accused of mistreatment of property and succumbing to guy impulses.

By strange (or perhaps not so strange) coincidence, the owner of aforementioned bag approached us and suggestively circled us (no. He was in 5th grade, jesus) Lily decided asked him if he wanted to play with us. Clearly thankful to me for my heroic deeds concerning his bag, he was unintimidated by us and eagerly joined. Jared, however, felt the need to make him feel more secure by shouting, "FLUFFY BUNNIES" at arbitrary times. I question the effectiveness of such a method. As it turns out, the guy was not half bad. He could sort of throw and sort of catch, unlike some members of our group.

Being the brilliant children that we are, we decided that we were too cool to bring drinks. The lack of a water fountain at the park cut short our extended vacation by at least a factor of two. Walking out of the park, we saw our little friend in deep discussion with a girl of his own age. She suddenly left, clearly distaught. Seeing us, he enlightened us to the workings of the 5th grade social system by wondering aloud why a girl was upset that he didn't like her back. I will admit, I felt sort of bad >_>

Give or take one game of brawl, that was it. The problem still remained, however, of how to fit 2 bikes and 3 people into Jared's car. As the project task force leader, I supervised the proceedings closely. However, while concentrating too hard, I was tricked into getting into the passengers seat with Kee Young in the driver's seat. He then proceeded to lock the doors and then forget that I am in fact not Arvind. Fortunately, in a moment of blind overconfidence, he unlocked the doors and I made a hasty escape. My minions had succeeded (sort of) in fitting the two bikes into the car and finding a place for Arvind to squeeze into. As they drove up my street, I broke down in tears and cried out "COME BACK!" Well, not really.

When we dropped Eric off at his house (a few hours later >_>) he suggested we do this every weekend.

I could not agree more.

10 comments:

  1. now give me the cookies =O
    man techmun was so not worth missing this Q_Q
    aw

    ReplyDelete
  2. Addenda.

    Don't worry about it. The only inaccurate pictoral portrayal would be of Arvind, who is clearly too fat to fit no matter how many pages you use. But he would not be offended at all; he will be flattered that you think of him so...thinly.

    Clearly cows know Kirby best.

    Ah, so the other snacks in Jack’s room involved Cup Noodles. Not Cup of Noodles.

    I am clearly among the class of higher taste. Sean Plott is very ugly. Especially in that picture you found. Tossgirl is quite adorable. None of you guys have any taste. Flash, on the other hand, is a little bit cute.

    GUY IMPULSES INDEED. I’m sitting here working in the computer room, and my brother comes upstairs, walks into the room, and promptly begins jumping up and down on a plastic bag lying in the corner. I didn’t even notice it was there until I heard its thrashing death cries at the mercy of my brother’s feet.

    I do hope you’re not referring to me when you say some members of our group cannot throw and catch, Arwen. In somewhat related news, some members of our group need to learn how to ride a bike.

    And once again, cows know best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must say, reading your post was quite possibly more enjoyable than the day itself.

    Anyway, yea, thanks for this post. I haven't laughed so hard in a while (without getting a high that is).

    Finally, I think we can agree that Lily is just wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, absolutely. Cows certainly do know best. What a bargain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. im not gonna ask what arvind means by "without getting a high"

    we certainly should do this every weekend. who's house next?

    also, the fluffy bunnies idea was definitely someone else's first :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol

    wtf at Arvind... "getting a high?"

    ReplyDelete
  7. God this is hilarious...>___<;; You're too good at blogging >_>
    LOL @ Lily: Clearly cows know Kirby best.
    >_> Fluffy bunnies...

    ReplyDelete