Today I left school early to go talk to my mentor. My mission was to convince him not to take me back this coming summer so I can do whatever I want >_>
Anyway, the meeting on the whole went quite well. He even told me to stop by for lunch sometime >_> I get that a lot now.
That's not where the action happened though. I was on the way home and I noticed my car engine smoking. I used my brilliant deductive reasoning to come to the conclusion that something was wrong with my car.
I hadn't assessed the severity of the situation quite as accurately as I had hoped though. Apparently a smoking engine is a severe problem. So driving down Old Chesterbrook road, I came to a stop sign. I dutifully came to a complete stop like the good little driver that I am. However, when I pushed the accelerator to resume my forward progress, the car failed to obey. Instead it whined and the battery light came on.
After putting on my blinker and telling the cars behind me to just go around me, I called my dad. He was in the middle of talking to someone. I got to sit tight through his conversation on who knows what proposal. I told him what happened and where I was. Unfortunately, my dad is apparently unfamiliar with the difference between "Chesterbrook Road" and "OLD Chesterbrook Road." So when I got a call from him telling me that he was at the Chesterbrook Road stopsign, I facepalmed.
In the meantime, I decided I would use my cool new hip knowledge to text Eric. I think I sent something along the lines of "Im bored. Car stopped in the middle of the road >.<" That, sadly, took me about 20 minutes to type out. Eric, not to be out-done by my fresh new sense of style and teenage life, texted me back bragging about how the team had "evaded match points." Shortly thereafter he texted me once more complaining about how they had lost. Those losers.
Anyway, after my dad finally located my actual position, he drove up. Baba to the rescue! I thought. Not so. He spent about five minutes trying to find a place to put his car. He didn't succeed in those five minutes. After a while he just drove out of sight.
...
Apparently he parked elsewhere and walked over to where I was stuck though. I told him what happened. He got in the car. He put it in drive, pushed the accelerator, and it moved forward.
...
He was not particularly amused.
I guess my engine overheated and cooled down in the time I was waiting around by the side of the road. He followed me home and I arrived safe and sound. Sadly, I don't have a functioning car anymore. We decided that the radiator was broken. Poof.
Soooo. Time to practice biking >_>
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

XD
ReplyDeleteYou failure at texting :P
Good game
ReplyDeletetexting --> overrated.
ReplyDeletebroken cars --> really inconvenient.
The car moved lmao gg bed gg
ReplyDeletewow this itouch totally six I definatly typed bed not bed
ReplyDeletelol bed not bed
ReplyDelete