I got too lazy to write another post on the second half of the trip, so I'm just gonna provide you all with the pictures I took. Note that these are just random things I did and are not really representative of Sweden. Or anything, other than my lack of photography talent. Also, there are quite a few pictures. I might put this on facebook just for the sake of convenience, but I'd rather keep it here.

So 1 USD is about 7.5 Krona. This was the cheapest section of the menu in the cheapest place we could find, apart from McDonald's >_>. As an interesting sidenote, Starbucks does not exist in Stockholm.

This is my Tiramisu ice cream. It tasted so good, I had it 3 times. In related news, I suck at taking pictures.

This is the sky. At midnight. Yeah.

This is the subway system. I pretty much thought I was in Boston for a second. I actually saw a bar that had a Red Sox and a Celtics logo outside. Um, what ...?

This is our towel-warmer. It was entirely useless. It made the metal part hot, it made the bathroom hot, hell, it made the rest of the room hot. Given the lack of air-conditioning, that was a serious problem. Oh, the only thing it didn't heat up was the towel.

I thought this warning was funny. I haven't the faintest idea what it says.

This is a doorbell. Unfortunately, I thought it was the button for the elevator, so when I pressed it random people answered the door. And no elevator showed up.

A random guard dude. These guys have to stand outside in ~80 degree weather for like, 6 hours. On the bright side, they look pretty spiffy.

lol, Dr. Glazer.

I just thought this was cool.

Man, I was tempted. But what a ripoff ...

Why would you do this. Why on earth would you pay more for an American car ...

This is King Gustav the Second, I believe. He is the only Swedish king to have the title "the Great." I guess this implies that the other ones weren't so great. Here he is portrayed in all his full glory, riding around a horse and pointing at the non-existent Swedish army.

This is a church. According to our tour guide (read: our first taxi driver) Sweden used to be quite religious. Then they decided that it was the Church's fault that they were becoming involved in so many wars. So they ditched the wars and the church, and now 80% of Sweden is atheist. But they still have a ton of churches. They're just totally empty.
On our final day we took a long boat tour of the surrounding areas. There really isn't that much to see outside of Stockholm. It's just a bunch of islands that aren't even connected by bridges. It's quite funny, actually. The main method that they use to get cars from island to island are these massive barges. Bridges apparently are overrated.

The aforementioned barges. They did not collide.

Random guy. His vehicle spewed water out the back. I thought it looked like a whale's blowhole, but another American couple standing nearby claimed it looked like someone taking a piss. Guess that works too.
We walked around Vaxholm for a bit (place outside of Stockholm). It was a nice neighborhood. Also, two rather attractive girls asked me to take a picture of them. I wanted to use my own camera as well (so I could bring back evidence for Arvind) but that might've seemed just a bit creepy.

I got bored near a patch of flowers and started taking pictures. Unfortunately, bees also enjoy flowers. And I am not such a huge fan of bees. Therefore I succeeded in taking two pictures before running for my life. I am such a brave man.

The shops in Sweden lie. There are no bannanas in there.

Kind of a nifty house I thought was pretty cool. Very European. Because I totally know what it means to be European.

Found you a new beach house, Eric. There are so many beaches in Sweden, it's not even funny. And by beaches I mean rocks.
Ah well, it was a fun trip. I'll finish this up by posting some nice pictures of Stockholm. I realize I probably gave the place a hard time by making fun of it left and right. But it's truly a nice place to be. The streets are absolutely safe. Not only do you know that they are, you almost have a feeling of security. I could walk around at 1 in the morning and there would still be people out.
Stockholm is, simply put, a beautiful city. Since I can't really do it justice in words, I'll attempt with some pictures.

The water is sparkly =D >_>




Anyway. Back from my major trip of the summer. Ready to get this party started, so I most certainly will see you all around.
Cheers,
Ved
no souvenirs? D:
ReplyDeleteterrible tourist ;)
go redsox
ReplyDeleteHAHAHAHA BEST WARNING SIGN EVER!
ReplyDeleteit probably reads: your head will get squished flat and end up at a funny angle if you're not careful about garbage can placement.
there are only two korean kings called great.
ReplyDeleteoo nice pictures
ReplyDeletelol about the churches
a mainly atheist country? how does that work?
ReplyDeleteWtf why didn't someone tell me you all had blogs
ReplyDeletelol wow elevator + towel warmer cracked me up
ReplyDeleteYay! It's the T!
ReplyDeleteThe sign says it's dangerous to transport goods in elevators without the inner door closed. At least according to Google Translate.
Ohmygod. Ohmygod, ohmygod. Those two barges passing each other reminds me of Dr. Dell's barge problem, where a package is thrown from one barge to the other as they pass and you have to calculate something I forgot...
At first glance that guy looks like he's riding a dolphin.
Oh dude Eric you should totally buy that house and we will all go hang out and party when we're on break from college because that house is just awesome. And this time I won't be disallowed to come.
I really like the last picture.