Approximately three years ago I played a lot of table tennis. Every day I would go to the basement and talk with my dad. We would talk about school and other things. It was nice to have someone to talk to. When I required help, he would give me great advice. We also played table tennis. My father was very good. Beating him was a challenge. He learned how to play almost thirty years ago in Germany. I tried as hard as I could to beat him, but I never did. Unfortunately I don't play table tennis anymore. I have no more time.
The ball is very important to me. One can no longer buy this ball in stores, it isn't there. It's much better than the balls that are in stores now. I played with it a lot, and of course it broke eventually. This was the last good ball. It's a little bit crazy that I still have this ball. But whenever I see it I am reminded of my father. I spent so much time with him in the basement. The advice he gave me greatly influenced my life. It's sad that I can't play table tennis with my father anymore.
That last line probably wasn't true then. But now, it is indeed sad that I can't play table tennis with my father anymore.

You know, I was talking to my mom while we were out for a walk, and I realized that after I graduate from college... I would not be coming back to this house anymore. Like, I still come here for the summer and winter break...but once I'm working or in grad school I'd only come home for the holidays. Maybe for like, a week or so. I would have my own place and would be living somewhere else.
ReplyDeleteThat just feels unbelievable to me. And so incredibly depressing.