Thursday, June 24, 2010

Sports, Part 2

Yesterday was a particularly notable day for American sports. The national soccer team played in their final group stage match, seeking to advance to the Round of 16 for just the third time ever. In another continent, John Isner stepped onto the tennis court at Wimbledon to continue his match with Nicholas Mahut.

As I previously said, I love sports because they're exciting, and interesting to research, but also because they bring people together.

And well, there's not much for me to say. All I can do is point to the following:

(Fair warning, you may want to turn down your volume and watch on Youtube, the videos are cut off here)

Isner vs Mahut match recap:


Reactions to the game-winning goal:


All I can say is: that's pretty cool.

2 comments:

  1. At the time, I was sitting in my office doing work. Aneesh related the news, and I was like, "Oh, that's cool."

    (I got more excited about it later when I actually saw the video. >_>)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may or may have been constantly refreshing the live score updates on my iPod during a videoconference meeting >.>

    ReplyDelete