Saturday, June 5, 2010

Ideas

Stealing the idea from Jenny, I'd like to list off a few things to aim for this summer in Austin.

  • Work hard. I question even having to list this as an aim since it's so obvious, but I have a tendency to cut my hours short. If anything, work the extra hour.
  • Exercise. If this means I have to run on a treadmill, so be it. However, under no circumstances may I lift weights.
  • Play foosball. The graduate department has a Tornado and I found a place that hosts tournaments twice a week. Score.
  • Eat healthy food. In the last 48 hours I have eaten Chinese food, a 12 inch meatball sandwich, tons of Chips Ahoy, and lots of chocolate cake. Not ideal.
  • Make a friend. I've always had a nice long orientation and a slow start to do that for me. This time I have a one day orientation and I don't intend on starting slow.
  • Earn the respect I deserve, and nothing more.

5 comments:

  1. I protest at Chinese food being categorically thrown into the unhealthy food list. Chinese Chinese people are quite healthy, tyvm, much moreso compared to the average American.

    I also question foosball being a goal on your list. Perhaps you should also add to the list Smash, Burn Notice, and Gchat. :P

    But take care, good luck, bon voyage, and keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. [QUOTE]Perhaps you should also add to the list Smash, Burn Notice, and Gchat. :P[/QUOTE]

    Those are the things to fall back on when one of those things drops (aka exercise :D)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still need to steal one of yours :)

    and Lily's :)

    But first I have a shitload of stuff to do...><; So much work left wtf! And it's supposed to be the last week and I have a final or project in every single class...

    Hey hey, Chinese food is healthy =P

    "However, under no circumstances may I lift weights." XDDDD

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goal for the summer: gain weight <___<

    ReplyDelete