Saturday, November 28, 2009

Be Careful

In unrelated news, I do have something I want to share.

A few days ago I encountered a foosball regular at the tables. He seemed down.

I asked him what was wrong.

One of his closest friends had died in a car accident.

He was in the passenger seat while the driver made an extremely poor decision.

It pained me to see my friend try to play foosball. He couldn't do it.

Many of you drive on a regular basis. You know this, but there are constant reminders: the road is not a safe place. It's easy to get distracted by friends, phones, and jokes.

It was painful to hear this happen to someone I had never met.

Please be careful.

2 comments:

  1. I don't even know what to say. "That's so sad; my condolences" doesn't really cut it.

    I hope your friend is all right, and you be careful too. =/

    ReplyDelete
  2. i don't have car insurance anymore- so no driving :(

    ReplyDelete